November 24, 2008

Weekend Update

Saturday
Got up early and took Gidget (my dog) for a short jog. Afterwards, I took a shower, cleaned up the bathroom, laid in bed and read "Twilight" for a few hours. Geoff called me to say that he was going to his parents' house to remove their faceboards and gutters and that his mom was cooking a pre-Thanksgiving dinner for the family and told me to come over. I got dressed and headed over to Downey. When I got there, I watched as Geoff and his dad tore down a few things outside of the house. I got bored of that, so I went inside to help his mom cook. Almost everything was made from scratch. It smelled so good, my tummy was grumbling the whole time. A little while later, Cassie came home and Erin and Erick came over, so we were finally able to eat. After dinner, we sat around and talked for a while, then Geoff went back to Irvine to hang out with his friends and, after talking some more, the rest of us went home.

Sunday
I had breakfast with my dad in the morning (at a place that had the BEST waffles) and then Geoff called to ask if I wanted to come over. He asked if I wanted him to take me to see "Twilight" at the movie theatre, but I told him it was okay, since I knew he didn't really want to see it (although it was very sweet of him to offer). Erin, Cassie and I are probably going to see it sometime early in the week. Geoff was so sure I was going to say yes, that he didn't have a back-up plan of what do to. So we decided to go to Best Buy and Target so that we could point out our Christmas lists to each other. While we were at Best Buy, Geoff bought a new DVD player so that we could watch "WALL•E" when we got home. If you haven't seen it yet, you should. It's such a good movie. The DVD extras have a couple of cool short films called "Presto" and "BURN•E." After "WALL•E," we watched TV for a little bit and then went to sleep, looking forward to the short work week.

No comments: