November 24, 2008

7 Days of Gratitude - #3


#3 Mac n' Cheese
I figured I'd put at least one silly thing on here. Mac n' cheese is a bowl full of happiness, really. I find I feel better after I've eaten some. Seriously, I do. I can see why they call it "comfort food." I'm forever grateful for the ingenious person who thought of this simple dish. Here's my favorite mac n' cheese receipe:
  • 2 boxes Velveeta shells & cheese (or a similar store-bought brand)
  • 1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey, whichever you prefer)
  • 1 16-oz. jar of salsa
  • Cook pasta according to directions. Brown meat in a skillet. When finished, mix pasta, cheese sauce, cooked meat and jar of salsa all together. Serve.

OR, instead of ground beef and salsa, I'll sometimes add shredded rotisserie chicken and either steamed peas or broccoli to it. For you bacon lovers, mac n' cheese with crumbled bacon is good too.

Yum. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Aranne and Dan said...

love this one... thanks for sharing your extra recipes too. Mac n'cheese is actually seen a lot at our house. It is Dan's favorite!