Mom: "...Gosling Rd., Woodlands, TX"
Me: "Gosling? Like a baby goose?"
My mom, a senior executive for the biggest international import/export corporation, asks: "Oh, is that what that is?!"
Me:
Mom: "Then what is a chick?"
Me:
Mom: "Oh. Well, I knew that."
Me: "Mm-hmm."
Mom: "What's a baby duck?"
Me: "Are you serious? It's a duckling."
Mom: "Oh, I knew that too."
Me: "Are we done now?"
Mom: "Wait, one more...what's a baby swan?"
Me: "I think it's called a cygnet."
Mom: "Okay, you can't expect me to know that. How the heck do you know?"
Me: "I remember from when I took zoology in college."
Mom: "Really? Well I'm glad to know my money went to good use."
Me: "Um...okay. Because I knew what a baby swan was called?"
Mom: "Not everyone knows that, Amy!"
Me: "Okay. Sheesh."
Apparently, knowing the technical term for a baby swan is a pretty big deal. Remember that, people.



No comments:
Post a Comment