November 22, 2008

7 Days of Gratitude - #5


#5 Books
I love reading. I read my first book when I was 3 years old (my mom has a cassette tape recording of me reading at that age). It was called, "Five Little Monkies." I still have a copy of it! To this day, I could spend an entire day snuggled in my chair or bed, getting lost in a good book. I especially love when I'm reading a book that I cannot put down. Books help you increase your vocabulary, your imagination and brain activity.

My goal in life is to write a children's book. I have one that's partially completed. I've got the title, characters and outline all put into place. I just need to fill in the gaps. I've put it off for almost 5 years now. I felt that I wasn't getting "inspired" enough to actually finish the story. Maybe finishing it will be my new year's resolution.

No comments: