November 28, 2008

Black Friday

I decided to brave the Black Friday shopping crowd the day after Thanksgiving this year. I went to one of the most crowded stores you could go to: Target. My goal?: To buy a $14 crockpot that was on sale from $35. I've been telling people this for the past two weeks and everyone thought I was crazy, "Do you realize how many people are gonna be there??" I've never been one to be swayed by people, so I went to Target this morning around 6:15 am...and left at 6:50 am...with a cart full of stuff I bought all on sale. Oh yeah! In and out, no problem. I bought two crockpots (one for me, one for Geoff's mom), a toaster oven, a cupcake decorator for my little cousin, and other minor stuff I needed. When I walked in, it was quite crowded (especially around the electronics section). But I'm an experienced Black Friday shopper and knew that Target would have other registers open besides the regular ones up front. So I made my way over to the jewelry counter, but there was a line already forming. So I back-tracked to the Pharmacy (because I knew people paid for their purchases there along with their prescriptions) and, sure enough, they had two registers open with only ONE customer at each, taking any customer, not just Pharmacy pick-ups (Pharmacy wasn't even open yet). I stood in line and waited less than a minute. It was great.

Today, Geoff and I are driving up to Sacramento to visit his family. I'm looking forward to seeing them, but NOT looking forward to the drive. Ugh.

No comments: