I voted today. Voting this time felt quite different than when I voted four years ago. I felt more connected, more involved. As I was casting my vote, I was suddenly overcome by a feeling of patriotism and fondness of our country. I was proud of this election. To have a person of African-American descent running for president on one side AND a woman running for vice-president on another, to have both made it to the top, it almost makes you want to cry. This election is an amazing example of how progressive and forward-thinking our country is. It’s groundbreaking. And I couldn’t be prouder to be a part of that.
Whether you’re black, white, Hispanic, Asian, rich, poor, highly educated, a high school dropout, blue collar, white collar, fat, skinny…on November 4th we are all awarded equally with the same privilege: the right to vote.
Whether you’re black, white, Hispanic, Asian, rich, poor, highly educated, a high school dropout, blue collar, white collar, fat, skinny…on November 4th we are all awarded equally with the same privilege: the right to vote.
How cute is this picture? I love the little donkey and elephant, representing democrat and republican.
Side note: I found it kind of funny that places all over the US were reporting long lines and wait times to vote. I voted around 9:30 am, and I barely had to wait 5 minutes!




No comments:
Post a Comment