November 12, 2008

NyQuil, Anyone??




It started yesterday evening. I was on my way home, sitting in traffic on the 605 freeway, when I suddenly noticed my throat was slightly scratchy when I swallowed. I thought, "Oh crap." Now is not the time for me to be sick. When I got home, I drank some tea and went to bed early to get plenty of rest. At 3:30 am, I woke up to a bad sore throat. That's the worse. When you wake up in the middle of the night, feeling lousy. I managed to get back to sleep and dragged myself out of bed at 7:30 am to go to work -which I shouldn't have done. I couldn't help it though! I had (and still have) so many things I need to take care of before Friday.

When I got to work, I thought I was feeling a little better. I got some things done and then headed out with some of my colleagues to a birthday lunch. I finished off my lunch and was feeling pretty good. Then, while driving back to the office, *wham!* I felt like I ran into a wall. My head was feeling cloudy, nose was runny and face felt hot. When I reached my office, I gathered my stuff, including any work I could do from home, and left early. Once at home, I quickly changed into my jammies, guzzled down some NyQuil and crawled under the blankets, where I was knocked out in 10 minutes. 8 hours later, my endorphins kicked in and woke me up, and now I'm on my blog telling you this boring story.

I don't mind being sick that much, but I HATE having a sore throat. I think it's the worse part of a cold. I'd rather be puking my guts out than have a sore throat, it pisses me off that much (sorry for being graphic). If I just have a slight fever or the sniffles, I like snuggling in bed and having Geoff spoil me (like all girls like their husbands/boyfriends to do). He's the only one that knows exactly what I need to have when I'm sick (my blanket, a certain DVD, crackers and a certain drink).

I look like a poster child for NyQuil. Guess I won't be going to work tomorrow. The beauty of my job is that I can work from home if I need to. Though I'm sad that I'll be missing tomorrow's campus-wide earthquake drill, participating in "The Great Southern California ShakeOut" (click here). Eh, maybe I'll do it at home anyway. Ha ha.

Don't you think being sick brings the baby out of all of us??

1 comment:

Aranne and Dan said...

sorry your not feeling well. Hope you are back on your feet in no time!