Friday
Geoff and I decided to try eating somewhere new Friday night. We ended up going to Caspian, a Persian restaurant in Irvine. The atmosphere in this place is kinda crazy. It's a pretty big restaurant and very noisy. The dining area resembled what a nightclub might look like in Iran. There was entertainment in the form of a band, including a singer and dancers. Geoff ordered a dish that had saffron rice, a filet mignon kabob and a ground-beef kabob. I ordered the grilled chicken kabob, which also came with saffron rice. For the most part, the food was pretty good. However, Geoff did not like his ground beef kabob. We gave the place a B+. Geoff dropped points from them because of the beef kabob and I dropped points because it was too damn noisy. I could barely hear Geoff when he was talking to me. B+ isn't bad though, and we did have fun. After that, we decided to try a new restaurant at least once a month.
Saturday
Geoff and I got up early and went over to Breugger's to have bagels for breakfast. We talked about the housing market and about buying a house together, possibly this year. After breakfast, I went home to relax, finish up some work and catch-up on my TV shows, while Geoff and Brad hosted a "UFC fight night" party for the guys at their house.
Sunday
I had to force myself to sleep in. I hadn't really been feeling well since earlier in the week and thought maybe I needed more rest. Turns out I was right. Later in the day, Geoff and I went to California Adventure (we're getting the most out of our Premium Pass!!) to have an early dinner and watch the Aladdin show playing at the Hyperion Theatre. It's a 45-minute musical of the movie "Aladdin" (duh). I would recommend seeing it, but for the Genie and ONLY the Genie. And maybe for the carpet ride. Everything else was lame. The guy playing the Genie was hilarious and a really good actor/singer.
After the show, it got pretty cold outside, so we went back to Geoff's and called it a night. I felt like I got robbed of my time this weekend!
Next weekend, we're going to see Geoff's family up in the Yosemite area. His cousin is in the Army, currently serving in Iraq and he'll be home visiting for a couple weeks before he has to return to duty. The following weekend is the weekend right before my birthday. Geoff has plans, but he won't tell me what they are, of course. I think we're going somewhere. I'm hoping he's taking me to San Francisco. I haven't been there since I moved away and I miss it so so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment