Last week, I ordered the prettiest little dress from Banana Republic's website. It was knee-length, short-sleeved, cream-colored, with a light tan floral print and cute neckline, size medium. Very vintage-looking. This dress was going to make me happy for two reasons, 1) it was on clearance and 2) it would go perfectly with my tall brown boots that I've been wanting to wear, but hadn't found anything to wear them with. I placed my order, dusted off my boots and invisioned where I was going to wear my new outfit.
Cut to today...
I had been tracking my package for the past couple days and saw that it had been dropped off at my house earlier this afternoon. When I got home, I saw my package on the porch. Yay! I ripped open the package and...it was the wrong dress. It wasn't even close to what I ordered. What came in the package was not at all what I described above. The dress they sent to me was an unflattering brown color with a weird puckered ruffle thing and, as if it wasn't incorrect enough, it was a MATERNITY DRESS.
I sat for a moment with a "Huh??" look on my face. I checked the receipt in the package, and it had my correct order on there. I went online to check my confirmation email and it too had the correct order. So I called their 24-hour assistance line to ask what was up with them sending me a fugly dress. The girl I talked to was nice, but not helpful at all. I told her what happened and, after laughing at me for an irritating amount of time when I told her I got a maternity dress, she informed me that the dress I orignially ordered was sold out and they had no more in stock. "Are you serious?" I said. "So you screwed-up and sent me the wrong dress and are now telling me I can't have the dress you were supposed to send me because you have no more??" Great. There was nothing I could do with the situation, so I just said to forget it. She offered me an "apology" in the form of 10% off my next online order (online ONLY). Wow, 10%. Whatever. And why the hell she would think I would order something from them online again is beyond me.
The thing that really pisses me off about this is that this is the second time this has happened to me. Old Navy did the same thing and, ironically, Old Navy is the same company as Banana Republic (GAP, Inc.). When I told this to the girl on the phone, she said that it was a freak coincidence and that that hardly ever happens. Yeah, I'm sure it doesn't. Lightning just happened to strike twice with me, huh??
No more online shopping for me! At least, not with the GAP companies. I'm just gonna have to drag my lazy butt to their stores for now on. Sheesh. Really, how hard is it to put the right dress in the right package??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
ooh... I would be ticked off. Sorry that you didn't get the right dress. I am sure you will find something to go with your boots. Better luck next time!
Post a Comment