January 13, 2009

Do the Math

So my mom is getting all frantic about taking her little dog, Oliver, back home with her on the plane. She brought him with her while she's here visiting. Apparently, Oliver didn't do well on the plane ride over here. He wimpered the whole time and was shaking. I asked my mom, "Did you give him a sedative? Drug him up with Benadryl?" My mom said, "No, I don't want to give him drugs!" Which I didn't understand why. I mean, he's a dog. It's not like he's gonna become a drug addict.

I explained to her that it's safe to give a dog or cat a small dose of Benadryl. It makes them sleepy, calm and at ease for a short period of time. Perfect for a plane ride. But, my mom refuses to do it. She should though. Seriously, it's not that hard:



You can't get anymore blatant than that. I don't know if the dog in the picture is on Benadryl, but he looks like he's feelin' mighty fine to me.

No comments: