My mom is visiting from Houston this week, so I've been a little behind on my blog...
Friday
Got up at the butt crack of dawn and went to the flower district in L.A. with my mom. She makes floral arrangements as a hobby and we've been going there for the past 8 years. I bought plain white hydrangeas, twisted dark brown branches and a tall cylindrical vase. This is what I made:
I think I want this for table centerpieces at my wedding. It's simple, yet striking enough. Add some candles around the base and I've got a very pretty, vintage-looking centerpiece. Total cost?: $16. That is why I love the flower district.
Saturday
I slept A LOT! I briefly woke up at 9 am, ate a light breakfast with my mom and went back to bed by 10 am. I didn't wake up again until 1:30 pm. When I did wake up, I immediately starting doing some work that I had to finish for my boss by Monday. I knew it was going to take the entire weekend, so I paced myself.
Geoff called me late afternoon to say he missed me and wanted to see me. We both had very busy work weeks and hadn't been able to see each other for a week (which is unusual). I told him I had a lot of work to do and that I didn't want to bore him with that, but he said to come anyway and I could work at his place. Since my mom was out visiting her friends and my aunt, I went ahead and packed up my work to take with me to Geoff's place. When I got there, Geoff had made dinner for me, which was really nice since I was tired and overloaded with work. He made pasta with alfredo sauce, topped with grilled chicken. It was very tasty! After dinner, he poured us both a glass of Riesling (a sweet wine we both like) and we ate raspberries with it, which helped me relax a bit. I then worked for a little bit more, but wanted to spend more time with Geoff, so I took a break and we watched Kung-Fu Panda, breaking in his new 52" flat screen TV. The movie was cute and pretty funny. I was feeling drowsy from the wine, so I ditched the rest of my work and went to bed.
Sunday
I get spoiled by Geoff a lot. In the morning, he made me some of my favorite things to eat for breakfast: toast with butter and strawberry jam, bacon, a small cup of vanilla yogurt with fruit and a cup of green tea. After breakfast, I called my mom and sister to see what they wanted to do that day. We decided to go to Old Town Orange to have lunch and browse the antique stores.
After we were done, my sister left to go to work and I took my mom to South Coast Plaza since she wanted to shop there. We hit up H&M (naturally) and came out with some pretty good deals. We got home around 5 pm and from that time, until midnight, I did nothing but work and be irritated that I'm exempt staff.



1 comment:
I'm a teeny bit jealous. Can Geoff come over and give Stephen lessons on why he should do this for me??!
Lucky. I hate you. =)
See you Friday!
Sarah
Post a Comment