January 5, 2009

Weekend Update - New Year's Edition

Wednesday - New Year's Eve
I don't know about you, but it so did NOT feel like New Year's to me. It felt just like any other ordinary day. I think because I didn't see anything that had to do with New Year's; just Christmas stuff. Anyhow, Geoff and I had a hard time staying up till midnight. We watched TV for most of the night and about a minute before midnight, we turned the channel to NBC to watch the ball drop. It was weird to watch, because of the absent feeling I was having. It kind annoyed me.

Thursday - New Year's Day
Went home early in the morning to begin taking down Christmas stuff. Watched a little bit of the Rose Parade and talked with Geoff over the phone, reminiscing about the time he marched in the Rose Parade back when he was a senior in high school (I had recorded it and still have it on a VHS tape). The day was pretty uneventful from there on out.

Friday
I had to go into work! I wish I hadn't gone in. There was hardly anyone in the office. I went home early and, after a quick bite to eat with my dad and a quick trip to Target, I relaxed for the rest of the evening.

Saturday
Geoff came over and we had lunch together at the Belmont Brewing Co. in Long Beach. If you've never been there, go to have lunch or dinner sometime. It sits right on the beach, has a pretty view of the ocean (and Catalina on a clear day), and has excellent food. Get a table outside, not inside. It's lame on the inside. While we were waiting for our lunch, Geoff randomly asks me if I wanted to go to Disneyland the next day. I love when he comes up with random, fun stuff to do. I thought about it and wanted to go, since it would be the last day for their holiday shows and decor. After lunch, Geoff went back to his house to finish some errands so that he could have the entire next day free. I did the same.

Sunday
We got to Disneyland just past 11 am and it was crowded. Let me rephrase that: the lines to buy tickets were crowded. We waited for almost an hour and it was the longest line we stood in that day (even the ride lines had a less wait!). We ended up buying a Premium pass, which means absolutely NO block out dates. It's good for all 365 days for both parks! We're pretty psyched about it.

Here are some pictures from our Disneyland "date:"

"A" for Amy, of course!

The huge Christmas tree in front of Main St.

Me and Geoff in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle.

The castle lit-up with their holiday lights. It was so pretty, looked like it had snow on it.

The holiday fireworks show was good and the fireworks went right along with the music. We thought about seeing Fantasmic, but remembered that we now have passes and can come back anytime to watch it. Fantasmic is rather special to me because I used to dance in it when I worked for Disney 8 years ago. I was a monkey on the rafts that come out during the King Louie/Jungle Book part of the show. Fun times.

2 comments:

Aranne and Dan said...

Amy I had no idea that is what you use to do while at Disney.. those are my favorite part of Fantasmic... I love those stinkin' monkeys. I am so jealous that you use to do that.... sounds like a great trip to Disney with a year more of fun times.

Amy said...

Yeah, I totally forgot to tell you when I saw you last month. Your dad was at the security gate when I checked in for my audition. He did a double take at me and goes, "Are you one of Robert's friends?" I was surprised he seemed to kind of remember me, and I said, "No, I'm one of Aranne's!" It was funny. Yeah I liked being in Fantasmic. You totally could've done it. It helped a lot to have had dance training/experience!