January 7, 2009

Post Secret

Every Sunday morning, before reading the paper, I like to look at Post Secret's blog to read the new secrets of the week. There's been some I've related to and others that I would never dream of doing/feeling/thinking. This week, I saw a secret that is totally me...

Whenever I eat in the college's dining hall (college staff eats free once a week!), I more often than not sit at a table by myself to eat. Sometimes, a colleague will join me or I'll run into them in the dining hall and we'll all sit together. Usually though, we're all really busy with our different schedules and I'll find myself eating alone. It's no biggie. Happens to everyone. I have to confess though, when this happens, I tend to eat fast so that I won't have to sit by myself for very long. Subconsciously, I think I do sometimes feel a little lonely. On two occasions though, while I was eating, a couple girl students passed by, stopped at my table and said, "Ohmigod, your shoes are SO cute!"

And it made me feel pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Then you should always feel good because you ALWAYS have cute shoes! It's just not fair...=)

Love,
Melissa