The party was at the college's alumni house, which is near the library and across the street from the Broadoaks elementary school (which is a part of Whittier College). It's a very pretty two-story craftsman style house. It was raining pretty hard that day, and I had to park in the Broadoaks parking lot and walk across the parking lot, across the street, in the rain while trying to balance holding my umbrella, my handbag, my boxed ornament gift and my casserole dish of my potluck item (I made a mac n' cheese dish I posted in a previous post). Needless to say, I didn't succeed at staying very dry. When I walked in, I was greeted by a warm and very welcoming fire in the alumni house fireplace.
The potluck was nice and everyone brought tasty dishes. After stuffing ourselves full, we played two games. One was a baby guessing game, where everyone brought in a picture of themselves during their baby or toddler years. The pictures were posted on a board and everyone had to guess who was who by writing it down on a piece of paper. It was a really fun game and some people were easier to guess than others. While the game was going on, my boss served drinks, including a yummy hot apple cider she mixed herself (I was surprised it had liquor in it!). After everyone was done guessing, all our scores were tallied up and it turned out that I won! I won by a landslide too. Out of 20, I got 17 and the next highest score was 13. My prize was a $10 gift card to The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
The next game we played was Pictionary. We divided into two teams and everyone had to draw/guess either a Holiday movie or song that was blindly picked from a cup. When it was my turn, I picked "Miracle on 34th Street." Somehow, I drew enough good clues for my team to guess it in time. I drew a street with a street sign. That was it. And they guessed it. Talk about team work! We all had some good laughs and fun playing Pictionary. My team didn't win, but only because of a small technicality. I didn't mind though. The prize were bags of candy, and I'm not really big into the candy that were in the bags.
After the games, we did our ornament exchange. I received a cute tin snowman ornament. I never found out who it was from though. Anyhow, after all the fun was over, my boss told everyone to go home early that day. So far, that was the best day I've spent with my colleagues.
By the way, this is my baby picture I brought for people to guess me. I thought it would be appropriate to bring one of me at Christmas time. I think I'm either 2 or 3 years old here. It's a Polaroid picture and I don't have a scanner, so I took a picture of the picture.
How cute are my Mary Jane's??



1 comment:
Just saw this picture of you... Very cute!
Post a Comment