December 19, 2008

Bargain Hunter

My grandma on my mom's side sent me $60 for Chirstmas, as well as my sister and cousins. She "orders" us grandchildren to spend it on something we want, and not something we need. Meaning, she wants us to buy something fun that's impulsive and impractical. Here's what I bought...

IMPULSIVE:

Old Navy is having a pretty good sale right now. A lot of their clothes are 50% off. I got everything in the picture for about $32. I got a pretty blue cotton dress (it's so comfortable!), a cream white thin-knitted sweater, a cute San Francisco t-shirt and a strapless black mini dress that I'll wear with my slim knee-length white shorts in the spring.

IMPRACTICAL:

I've been wanting a phone like this for several years now. For those of you who watch "Sex & the City," Carrie has one in her apartment (the series version of her apartment, not movie version) that usually sits on her nightstand, or a chair by her bed. I always loved that piece in her apartment. It's adorable and, up until now, I've only seen ones like it at an antique vintage fair that was by my house up in San Francisco. They were really expensive, the cheapest being $125. Well, I'm happy to say that I found the phone in the picture above on eBay for only $23. It's been restored and is in working condition. Like Carrie, I too will probably put it on my nightstand or on my desk at home.

I think my grandma would be pretty happy and impressed with all that I bought with my Christmas money. But, don't tell her that I "needed" clothes...

No comments: