December 22, 2008

Christmas Vacation

I love working for a college. You get so many incredible benefits, including a nice winter break for two weeks. Since finals are over, the students are on winter break and the college is closed during winter break, they give their staff that time off too. It's basically a "free" paid vacation without having to deduct from your vacation hours (which is great, because I need to save my vacation hours for my trip to Europe in late spring). Isn't that awesome?! I've made a list of things to do during my vacation. Here's what's on my agenda:
  • Sleep in
  • Finish Christmas shopping & wrapping presents
  • Cook dinner on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
  • Sleep in some more
  • Spend a whole day in my pajamas
  • Clean my entire house
  • Take a day trip to Solvang
  • Sleep in even more
  • Reorganize my closet
  • Be lazy

As you can see, my schedule is jammed-packed with sleeping in. I'm going to be quite busy with that. I've already got a headstart, as I slept in this morning. Ahh...

1 comment:

Aranne and Dan said...

Looks like you are going to have a great vacation. Wish I could get two weeks off and get PAID.. That is a great perk of working at a college. Enjoy and have a great Christmas!