Well, so much for my birthday weekend getaway. Geoff has been really sick since Thursday and we thought it best to cancel our trip to wherever it was he was going to take me (he still won't tell me!). I don't mind postponing it; he's so congested and feels miserable. When he talks, it sounds like his tongue is stuck to the roof of his mouth. We re-scheduled our trip for the first weekend in March. Hopefully we'll both be in good health and the weather will be nice!
Since Geoff was bedridden, I decided to make the most out of my weekend by learning a new craft (in between taking care of him -he's such a baby when he's sick!). I came across a blog called Everyday Beauty, which gave a tutorial on how to make bookmarkers using ribbon and pieces of old jewelry or charms. I have a bunch of charms leftover from when I made wine charms for Christmas and a ton of vintage earrings that are mis-matched and would be perfect for this. I stopped in Michaels today to find ribbon clamps, but, like most of my trips to Michaels, the employees there had no idea what I was talking about and weren't willing to help me. I discovered later in the day that Joann's Fabrics sells them. So, I'll be making a trip there tomorrow to buy all my bookmark supplies. This project sounds simple enough to do. Hopefully, I'll post my finished product soon!




2 comments:
Amy---where the heck have I been not reading your blog regularly or even adding you to my list of blogging friends? SHAME ON ME! I will do it right now! I wanted to tell you that it is so nice to see how in love you are with Geoff. You both look so happy. I'm happy for you. I'll stay tuned on The Carlton Chronicles and add you to my google reader!
I love the bookmarks - very cute!! You're so crafty! It might be kind of dangerous to have a Michael's so close to the office :-)
Post a Comment