I think Mother Nature knew it was my birthday, because it was my favorite kind of weather outside: rainy and windy. AND after the rain passed, there was the most shocking view of the mountains covered top to bottom in pure white snow.
When I walked into my office this morning, there were a couple cards and a gift sitting on my desk. Throughout the day, people either emailed me or stopped by my office to wish me a happy birthday. It was a nice reminder that I work with some really good people.
I left work early to meet Geoff at his place. We went to Disneyland so that I could get my "birthday gift" from Disney. They have a special promo right now where you can get a 1-day, 1-park ticket for free. However, if you have an annual pass (which I do), you get the option of other things: the free ticket, some sort of Fast Pass ride allowance OR a Disney gift card equal to the value of the free ticket. Being smart, I opted for the gift card (free money from Disney doesn't happen everyday!). The gift card could be used to buy any merchandise in either park, with the exception of food. I don't collect any Disney memorabilia, but I knew exactly where I would spend my gift card. I went inside Disneyland, over by the Jungle Cruise and went into a store that sells Roxy/Quiksilver, O'Neill and Billabong clothing, and picked-out a white hooded O'Neill jacket that had a leaf pattern on it and was lined with the softest material. It felt like a baby blanket on the inside. It looks like this (hard to see the leaf pattern):

The jacket cost $82 with tax, BUT since I have a Premium pass, I got 10% off. After the discount and applying my gift card, my total was $3.25! Geoff was teasing me and goes, "Don't worry. I got this." and paid the remaining amount for my jacket. So I basically, Disneyland gave me a free O'Neill jacket! Later on at home, I went to hang the jacket up and realized that you can unzip the sleeves and wear it as a vest too.
After being psyched about my jacket, we rode on Indiana Jones (and realized we hadn't been on it together since we were in high school), grabbed a couple corn dogs (from the corn dog cart, over by the photo place on Main St. -they're SO good) and grabbed a spot front and center to watch Fantasmic. Maybe because it was a Monday, maybe because it had rained earlier in the day (it had stopped once I left work), or maybe because it was friggin' freezing outside (35 degrees), but there was hardly anyone in the park and hardly anyone waiting to watch Fantasmic. It was great! After the show, Geoff and I went back to his place and he asked if I remembered my dance routine when I was in Fantasmic, back in my Disney days. I actually do remember most of it and did a little bit of it for him (to which he started laughing hysterically).
This weekend, Geoff is taking me somewhere as a surprise for my birthday. Nowhere extravagant, I know that. I can't wait though! I've been looking forward to a leisurely weekend trip. I feel like I'm getting a birthday week, instead of one day!



2 comments:
I understand the 29 thing - what is it about that age?? I'm feeling the same way!
Sounds like a great day. Hope you have a wonderful year and can't wait to hear about your surprise weekend. Have fun!
Post a Comment