When it felt like I was going to be in this office for a while, I decided to go ahead and do some light redecorating. I've only made some minor changes so far and will do the bigger ones later this summer.
Before, the furniture in the office was all cramped together and had a hideous fake tree, with an equally hideous pink chair, that took up a lot of space. It looked small. Take a look:
(I forgot to remove the stacks of paperwork I have before I took the picture)
The majority of the things on this console were pretty cheap...Mirror: Big Lots
Framed elephant picture: Salvation Army
Small box: Cost Plus World Market
Vase (incl. one on my desk): Ross
Thai buddha statue: Ross
Capiz frame: Ross
Books: from office library
Small drum: gift from Indonesia
Matyroshka (aka, nesting dolls): from my trip to Alaska
Small shell plate: gift from France
Purple tulip: gift from Amsterdam
Future decorating plans include hanging three vertical canvas painting on my back wall (the wall facing the back of my chair). To the left of my desk (not pictured) are two visitor chairs. I'd like to add a very small table between them and maybe hang a piece of artwork or another mirror above the chairs.
One of the IT guys passed my office the other day, stopped, and said, "I wish my office looked this lush." Just wait until I'm done, pal! Knowing my luck though, I'd get all settled in, finish making my office look pretty, and then have to move again!



2 comments:
Amy--great job. One of these days I need you to make a pit stop at Cerritos College, bring a box of decor with you and do your magic. My office needs some major sprucing up. At the moment it's quite depressing.
I agree I think the place looks great. Whether you get any work done or not...that is another story!?
Post a Comment