
I LOVE the design of this chair. It would really compliment the victorian Paris painting in my dining area. The person is selling two of them. The seat wouldn't be as simple to reupholster and I would need to be tedious about painting them, since the arms and top of the back have an intricate design. Still though, they may be worth getting.
Since both sellers are selling two each, I may buy from both of them. You can't really tell, but the legs on the two different chairs actually match. They have a common look between them, which makes me think it might be neat to buy both sets. I was originally looking for just two chairs, but having a set of four would probably be better.
If I buy them, I plan on painting them a soft white, like Bryn did. I think it would look good with my black wood dining table. Here's what I'm thinking to reupholster the seats:
It's a simple, very very soft blue-ish green color that would look pretty on a white chair and would compliment a black table. Plus, with the chairs having a busy design on the backings, I thought to keep the seat color simple.
All I need to do now is buy the chairs and find a weekend where I'm actually not doing anything, so that I can devote the time to do this project!
Update: I bought two of the chairs in the second picture. The lady lowered the price from $175 to $100! I couldn't say no. Keep checking back for restoration updates on this bargain!



No comments:
Post a Comment