Other than that, I hardly did anything over the weekend, aside from work. I did get my hair cut short on Saturday. My hair was easily halfway down my back and I chopped it all off. It's an angled cut, so it doesn't look that short in the front, but when I turn around it's pretty short in the back. I think I like it. Geoff loves it, so I guess that's what counts.
After my hair appointment, I met up with Geoff and his parents for lunch. They were in Long Beach for a golf show at the convention center. It was a nice warm day outside, perfect for having a leisurely lunch. After that, the parents went home and Geoff and I went to his place, relaxed, ate dinner and watched the movie "Wanted" with Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman and the guy that was in that one boring movie with Keira Knightley (Atonement?). The movie was pretty lame. After it was over, it was still pretty early in the evening, so we watched another movie, "A Mighty Heart" which also had Angelina Jolie. This one was pretty good. It's about Marianne Pearl, the wife of Daniel Pearl -the journalist guy who was murdered shortly after 9/11. Ironically, I had just met Daniel Pearl's father, Judea Pearl, the week before at a lecture he gave at the college. Anyhow, both Geoff and I liked the movie and thought Angelina Jolie did a really good job acting in it.
On Sunday, Geoff went to play golf with his parents while I did some work and cleaned my house. Geoff is in a golf tournament in a couple weeks and needs to get some practice in. If he makes the finals in this tournament and goes on to win, the prize is something like $5,000. Geoff is quite a good golfer, so he has a really good chance at winning.
Other than that, nothing else happened over the weekend. Oh! I did have lunch with my dad on Sunday and saw this sign in the window of the little cafe we ate at:

I laughed when I saw it because how exactly do you lose a tortoise? I mean, it's not like they move fast. If they "run away," I can't imagine they would get very far without you finding them. I also think it's funny that this sign has seemingly been up since last June. Seriously, if you haven't found him by now, I think it's time to move on. If he did manage to run away, then that's one slick tortoise.



No comments:
Post a Comment