In any case, these are some fashion trends and predictions I have for this spring/summer that I've been diggin' so far:
Jumpsuits

Oh yeah, the 70s are back in a big way. Just thank God it's not with bell-bottoms, polyester or the dreaded platform shoes. Originally, I was not liking this trend. However, I think it was because I wasn't seeing the right type of jumpsuit. The ones above have classics lines, are sexy and have an elegance about them that I love. With some gold dangly earrings, a few gold bangles and simple heels, you're good to go. Throw a cardigan over it and you can dress it down. The casual, short one pictured above is adorable and would look cute paired with flat sandals.
Bohemian and Tie-Dye Maxi Dresses


(I LOVE the cream one in the second row, second from the left)
Let me make something clear: I am not a fan of 1970s fashion. I'm not into the whole hippie look at all, period. Never have been. Once, when I was in high school, we had hippie day at school, where everyone could come dressed as a hippie, and I HAD to do it because I was on pep squad and it was mandatory for all the cheerleaders do it, and it was the most miserable day of my high school career. I was never into it. BUT, I do like Bohemian fashion, which is quite different. Bohemian is earthy and natural, while hippie is just silly and almost clownish to me.

When I saw the Sex & the City movie, there was a scene where Carrie was wearing a really pretty, long tie dye dress (pictured above). The dress looks flowy and so comfortable. I'm already seeing long dresses become popular in stores, you might see them called "maxi dress." I'm prediciting that the ones with Bohemian or tie dye prints will be the ones to sell. The reason I love it? It's versatile. It's perfect for those days when you just lounge around the house and perfect for going out, as well. Wear it plain at home, or wear some gold hoops with it when you go out. That's all you'd need.
Ruffles

This is, perhaps, my favorite trend I've been seeing so far. I love ruffles. They make clothing look so sweet and feminine. I sported ruffles last year and I'm seeing much more of them this year. I think it's going to be popular this spring/summer. Ruffles on breezy blouses and linen dress. I'm so happy! I love ruffles!
Neutrals


I think we'll see a lot of neutral colors in the spring. Lots of white, creams, beige, soft grays, etc. Depending on how you wear it, a neutral-color outfit can be quite pretty. Makes clothes look light and airy. Plus, it's like a blank canvas that you can accessorize with a little bit of color, like a light turquoise-color necklace or jade green bangles.
I like to think I have an eye for fashion. When I put effort into my clothing decisions, I find that I'm complimented more on whatever it is that I'm wearing. It just makes me feel good too. I try not to be too trendy. It just looks ridiculous. However, I do try to put a teeny bit of the trend in my looks, while still keeping with my own style.
These days, not only is it important to try to look and feel good, but you have to do it economically as well. Aside from my go-to stores, H&M and Forever 21, to find bargain prices on cute clothes and accessories, I also look online at Ebay and go to recycled clothing stores, like Buffalo Exchange. My most prized puchase came from Buffalo Exchange in Berkeley. I found a dark coral pink, sleeveless Prada blouse that originally sold in stores for $620. I paid only $16. NO JOKE. 16 dollars...for PRADA. Ka-ching!
So there you have it. We'll see how close I am with my fashion predictions this year.



No comments:
Post a Comment