Well, to summarize the last 5 months since my last post (and going back a little further than that), I…
• Finally visited my mom in Houston this past August and mentally put Houston on my list of potential places to live with my future husband and children someday. I shockingly liked it that much!
•Took a trip up to the Bay Area in early October with Geoff for his cousin’s wedding. It was such a great weekend trip and I was so happy that I was back to where my home truly is. Finally showed Geoff my version of San Francisco and he may now love it as much as I do, although he won’t admit it. *wink* 
• At the end of October, I spontaneously decided to look at apartments in Whittier one day during a workday. After seeing two that I thought were pathetic, I really liked the third one I saw and, in a matter of three hours, decided I was moving to Whittier. Two blocks from work and within walking distance to all the Uptown shops and entertainment, no pet deposit, AND they were happy to allow my pit bull mix of a dog with no additional cost in rent?? How could I turn that down?! I set a foolish target move-in date of December 26.
• In November, Geoff and I went on vacation to the Eastern Caribbean islands. It was probably the most beautiful trip I’ve been on, so far. I’ve never felt so relaxed and it made me remember how important it is to take at least one week-long vacation every year. I had no idea how exhausted I was from work!
• In December, most of the month was occupied with moving activities. Not only was I moving, but Geoff was moving and his sister and her husband were moving. And we were each moving on separate weekends! First weekend was Geoff, the weekend after was his sister, then the week after that (and also the day after Christmas) was me. Geoff and I had a very small and quiet Christmas with his family, since we were all feeling tired and overwhelmed with everything else going on. Thank goodness the college I work for gives staff a week off for the holidays. I needed that week to put my life in order again. What a way to close-out 2009! Take it from me, DO NOT move during the winter holiday season. It sucks. Move during the spring or summer. Trust me.
• January was all about winding-down and getting settled into my new digs. I have to say, I like Whittier (correction: Uptown Whittier) a lot more than I thought I was going to. I’m a few houses down from the cutest park that’s surrounded by unique-looking homes and a church, and every day I take my dog for a walk there. Most days while on our walk, the church bells will ring and -combined with the pretty leaves falling, a crisp breeze, and the pretty homes- it gives that little particular area a very private, small-town feel I really love.
(picture of John Greenleaf Whittier statue in Central Park -photo by Jeff Hensley)
• Now that I’ve caught you up-to-date with the highlights while I was M.I.A., February UNFORTUNATELY brings the cold reminder that I am turning 30 this month. In a mere five days, as a matter of fact. Can’t say I’m thrilled, but I’m not totally devastated either. My 20s were definitely a growth and learning experience. When I think about it, I actually did a lot in my 20s. I moved to San Francisco, graduated from college, got a head-start on my career, fell in love, traveled quite a bit. It’ll be interesting to see what happens in my 30s. In my head, my version of my 30s involves getting married, buying a home, having kids, and advancing in my career. Preferably, but not necessarily, in that order. We’ll see how that pans out.
And there you have it. The past 5 months (to the date, I might add!) in a nutshell. Now that I’m saving so much time with my commute, maybe I can put a little more time updating this blog a little more frequently. But don’t hold me to it like two particular friends of mine, who don’t even blog themselves! Yeah, you know who you are.



1 comment:
I will now stop pestering you. :)
Love and puppies,
Melissa
Post a Comment