Along with the rest of the world that is mouring Michael Jackson's death, I thought I'd say a little something on my blog about it. And no, I'm not referring to "Smooth Criminal" as a joke to his accusatory past.
When I was younger I was a huge Michael Jackson fan during his Jackson 5/Thriller/Moonwalker days. I still am, actually. I have so many fond memories of performing dance recitals to his music, knowing nearly all the words to his songs, and trying to imitate his famous moonwalk (which I was pretty good at!). Like most people, I was pretty sad when he died. Feels a little surreal. Say what you want about him, he was definitely troubled, but damn if he wasn't just the most amazing and talented entertainer there was/is. Geoff is a big fan of the same Michael Jackson music I love and says that there'll never be another performer like him, ever.
With that, I give you my favorite music video of his, and coincidentally Geoff's favorite Michael Jackson song. Most people will say Thriller is their favorite music video. For me, it's Smooth Criminal. His dancing is his absolute best in this one, I think. It's a bit lengthy, as all of his videos were like mini-movies. Enjoy!
Watch for the infamous "lean" in the video (7:38).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment