July 13, 2009

Catalogue Shopping

I get a whole mess of different clothing catalogues in the mail. I have no idea how I got them, whether from a trade list I was on for a magazine subscription I once had, or someone decided to be cruel and put me on some type of mailing list so they'd get referral points, I don't know. I usually just throw them straight in the recycling bin on my way into the house from the mailbox. They're mostly Coldwater Creek or L.L. Bean-type catalogues. Can you blame me for tossing them?

This morning though, I took all the mail in with me as I was waiting for the gas company to come to my house (they needed to turn it back on after my house was fumigated). As I was waiting, I sorted through my mail and decided to actually browse through one of the clothing catalogues I received. It was called Alloy, a company I've never heard of before. I was pleasantly surprised that I actually found a few things in there that I liked! I may actually order something from them. If I do, you think it would start a chain reaction of another bulk of clothing catalogues sent my way?? I sure hope not. That would kinda suck.

Here are a few things that caught my eye:

These jeans look so comfy. And I love the extended tab at the hips.
















This outfit would be cute for me to wear at work. I love the ruffles on the sleeves, the ribbon on the front, and the grey pinstripe trousers.
















I wish they had a front view of these shoes online, like they do in the catalogue. I love 'em! They're simple, yet a bit edgy. Would look so cute with a simple black mini-dress and sheer black hose.














Well, I know at least one clothing catalogue I get in the mail that I'll be looking at for now on!

No comments: